Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Poem - Two (snowflakes)

If, in some far-away land, a court jester fell in love with a princess, I think he would've written her something like this:

A little snowflake fell gently
through the evening sky
A little prism, she is, bouncing the pastel
colours all over the world
and catching my attention with her little redorangepink
lights, playing around my small face as
I too am a tiny snowflake and how I
do relate to her crystalness being of the same
element. And how elemental it is! So simple!
That two little snowflakes, upon touching the pretty
face of Mother Earth
Should melt together and
Become a little, special tiny river
to flow beside the lovely trees who wave
and smile (perhaps even a little enviously too) dropping
dancing leaves for us to catch and laugh at

as we pass, merrily onwards to an infinite
Sea.

Words: Nick Purdon
Jester art: Felicity Purdon

No comments: